Sunday, May 19, 2013

An Apology

Hi, sweet readers.

I've realized, in a couple different ways over the past two weeks, that my Publishing 101 posts caused some pain and/or offense to some that read them. Several folks read them as a declaration that I thought that my publishing process was the only right way to publish, or the only legitimate way to publish, and by extension, that other ways were wrong, substandard or not legitimate. I now see that, with the way I wrote them, it was pretty easy to read them that way.

I want to be very clear: I think that the way I'm publishing my book is the right way for me and for this particular book. I don't believe there's any one right, true, good, or legitimate way to publish. In fact, I think that there are as many right ways to publish a book as there are books themselves.

It certainly never was my intent to hurt anyone, only to be transparent about my process in the hopes that it might be helpful to other authors. Still, that's no excuse for any pain I caused anyone, in any way.

I'm so very sorry for any hurt or misunderstanding I caused through those posts. I take full responsibility - please accept my apologies.

(Disabled comments, because I'm not looking to start a conversation here - only to share my apology.)




LinkWithin